Thursday, October 29, 2009

Bittersweet...


As I gaze outside on this dreary, drizzly October day, I have bittersweet feelings.  Sad that the beauty of  the summer gardens are gone, fall colors are quickly leaving, and my gardens are now preparing for their winter dormancy.  On the other hand, I am somewhat relieved to know I will have perhaps 4 months of "rest" before heading back out into the gardens.  This "rest" phase lasts until about the end of January/early February for me (after the hustle-bustle of the holidays are over and my indoor projects start to become boring/tedious) which is when I then start pulling out my gardening magazines and begin dreaming of what's to come......

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Zone 5, Illinois, United States
I love digging in the garden and getting my hands dirty!