Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I can hardly contain my excitement.....

After hundreds (okay, maybe 90) internet searches, I have finally found my perfect potting bench!!  I have always dreamed of having one and honestly, my 50 year old knees and back are probably the most excited about this purchase.  No more kneeling on our concrete patio creating my container plantings.  This particular bench, Master Gardener Potting Bench, was love at first site! 

This bench has also received rave reviews from other gardeners: "the size is just right - not too large and not too small"...."very sturdy and practical, almost too nice a piece of patio furniture to get dirty"....."I can't wait to set it up on my patio to start potting and also utilizing it as an outdoor sideboard for entertainment."  "It's been one of the best purchases I've ever made in quality and usefulness. I love it!" 

I love it too, and I haven't even met it yet!! Delivery is scheduled for next week. Although the weather here in Illinois is not yet suitable for setting this up outside, I may assemble it in the garage just so I can admire it!!

Isn't she a beauty??


I already know where she will be placed, too.

Goodbye bakers rack (and chairs).....hello potting bench!


4 comments:

Debbie's Garden said...

Hi Judy, fellow gardener, Illinois neighbor, 50 yr old sista, .. glad you stopped by my blog.
Your bench is fabulous. My neighbor had a smaller version of this, hers had no 5 gallon bucket for dirt.
You're going to get baaaadddd spring fever if you put that together now.

Judy said...

Welcome, Debbie!!
Thanks for visiting my blog! I already have spring fever and figure it's going to get worse when my bench arrives :).....maybe I can find some indoor plants that need re-potting (just to try it out, of course)!!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Judy,
I love that potting bench, too, and your excitement about getting it put together and trying it out. I have been preoccupied picking appliances, lights, and such for our kitchen remodel that is set for March. It's good for me, because I'm not as sad that winter is still here.

fermicat said...

Hi there. I followed you over here from your comment on my blog. I love gardening and miss it terribly this time of year. I'm jealous of your spiffy new potting bench -- I end up just sprawling everything out on the driveway and making a mess.

About Me

My photo
Zone 5, Illinois, United States
I love digging in the garden and getting my hands dirty!